The brick house at 725 North Dawson Street was built in 1923 by Joseph Hampton Flowers, and designed by architect Frank Galliher. Other buildings in Thomasville built by Galliher include Eastside School, now the Thomasville Center for the Arts, the 1919 Flowers Baking Factory on Madison Street, and the original Thomasville utilities building. Built on the footprint of the 1893 Ewart mansion that burned in an electrical fire, the house was sold from Flowers to Fritz and Mildred Robert in 1939. During their time in the house, the Roberts family added carpeting to the floors, built partition walls between the dining room and living room, placed marble overlays on the fireplaces, dug out a basement, built a garage, and finished the attic for use as a bedroom and nursery.
Comments or questions are welcome.