» Engage: Museum Outreach
Engage: Museum Outreach
Unable to Come to the Museum?
Let the Museum Come to You!
We invite you to consider an outreach program where we bring the Museum to you! Our Civil War, World War I, World War II, and American Indian Outreach programs involve the same primary sources, artifacts, and interactive activities with the added bonus of our Educator’s facilitation.
- Each outreach program is designed to accommodate one class of twenty-five students within one classroom for roughly an hour. The Educator is available to conduct multiple programs per day to accommodate team instruction.
- Some programs may require additional space considerations or exterior access- for example, our Civil War lesson requires space for a replica tent.
- All programs align themes across the social studies and literacy standards for reading in history/social studies
- All programs meet current Georgia Standards of Excellence and follow a basic format that includes: Educator-led activities, discussions, games, and primary-source based exploration of a historical era.
- Grades 2-12
The programs listed below reflect existing programs but if you are interested in creating a new theme or topic, please let us know!
- The First People: American Indians in South Georgia
- The Civil War
- Primary Source Skills Workshop
- World War I
- World War II
For more information or to schedule your next program please complete the form below or e-mail email@example.com. Please include the total number of students in your inquiry.