In 1910, Joseph Hampton Flowers had two granddaughters who were cousins. He built a playhouse for each of them, a matched pair. This one went to Claire Fllewellyn Flowers, whose photograph is in the playhouse. Through the twentieth century, the playhouse was moved whenever one set of Flowers children became too old and another generation was born. Four generations of Flowers children have played in the playhouse. This playhouse was donated to the Historical Society by Claire Varnedoe Thomas, Claire Fllewellyn Flowers Varnedoe’s daughter.
Comments or questions are welcome.